At Pauling Industries, together with our brands, we are committed to:
- Fostering water stewardship, through socially equitable, environmentally sustainable and economically beneficial use of water for everyone
- Optimising water consumption in our operations and reducing the water footprint per finished product
- Conserving water quality in all our sites and from the sourcing of raw materials to consumer use
- Aligning our efforts with the Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations and respecting the human right to water and sanitation
- Innovating with new technologies throughout our products’ life cycle.
As part of Pauling Industries' sustainability programme, it set itself a series of tangible commitments in line with the Sustainable Development Goals. These efforts go hand in hand with each other and progress in one area is linked with impacts in other areas. As the relationship between climate change and water is inextricably linked, our commitments to reducing our carbon emissions, underpinned by the Science Based Targets (SBT), have an influence on our commitments to water. Within our comprehensive sustainability approach, we particularly address the topic of water in our Research, our Operations, and through our relationship with customers.
"Together with our customers & suppliers, we strive to achieve these targets by implementing the commitment to sustainability."
In our operations:
- Optimising water consumption by using our internal processes in our factories to categorise water uses and establish standards for the Company
- Reducing the water consumption for equipment cleaning by equipping all operational teams with best practices and techniques to conserve water through efficient cleaning practices.
In our supply chain:
- Developing measuring systems for every Pauling Industries product’s environmental and social performance through sustainable product optimization using a lifecycle approach
- Assessing suppliers’ sustainability policies, including their water policies, water consumption, and progress to achieving water targets
We are dedicated to taking steps that go beyond simply managing our own water use to become a leader in water stewardship. Water stewardship is a journey and we are continuously looking for innovative ways to progress through collaboration and partnerships both locally and globally.